Friday, July 11, 2008

Surrendering to the Divine: a Conversation with Yeye Olomitutu






So far in the Sacred Journey podcast series, we've heard from men. That's not by intent; I want to hear balanced viewpoints from both women and men, and I hope to achieve this going forward.

My guest is Yeye Olomitutu, an Orisa priestess, social worker and grandmother who now resides in Atlanta. I don't have a photo of her yet, so momentarily, I'm using one of the images that appeared in my 2008 Sacred Journey calendar.

Yeye and I discuss respect for the elderly, her childhood in Nigeria, colonialism and her spiritual journey and transformation.
She says she's learning to trust Ifa, the orisa, or divine spirit of wisdom. I can relate to that; I think we all can. Do we trust our fears....or do we trust our inner voice and/or the light that's being cast by Spirit?

Growth -- that's the challenge before us.

Join me as I welcome Yeye to the Sacred Journey forum.


James

email (James@Sacredjourneyworldwide.com)
www.sacredjourneyworldwide.com

No comments: